Friday, March 19, 2010

Interviews are horribly terrifying things...

So as I've mentioned stating a business is expensive stuff so I have been looking for a job. Over a month ago I started being interviewed for a position as a goldsmith working for a jewellery store in the next city over. Yesterday I had to go to their head office for another interview with their goldsmiths to see if I have the skills they're looking for. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck yesterday.

At the interview they had me size a ring down and two rings up as well as set two stones in a ring and reset a stone in an earring. It was very nerve wracking. Since it was Thursday everyone was very busy trying to get the final repairs ready to be sent back to the stores before the weekend so there wasn't really anywhere for me to work without putting someone out of their bench. Also obviously since this is someone else's bench I didn't know where he kept the tools I needed and he had his bench pin set up differently, so it took me much longer to do things than it would have at home. I left very nervous and expecting that I had done a horrible job. (Did I mention that I'm a bit self deprecating?) Anyways I came home, took some Advil and curled up with a new book from my favourite author for the rest of the night.

Today I've mostly been doing my laundry, finished said book and focused on the fact my boyfriend is coming for the weekend (boyfriend + Our Lady Peace concert, what could be better?). It didn't even cross my mind who it might be when my cell phone rang. Turned out it was the store I'm being interviewed for asking for... another interview. They said I got a very good review from the interview so I guess it didn't go as bad as I thought... Well here's hoping!
















Photo by: puddlemuddle2000 (Tucson I have arrived!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment